Ecolife® is one of the most popular pressure-treated wood products used in backyard projects across America.
- Is an environmentally-advanced, non-metallic wood preservative for above ground treated wood applications
- Offers the only integrated wood stabilizer standardized by the American Wood Protection Association
- Repels water for up to three years, minimizes cracking up to 50%, and keeps boards straighter
- Homeowners save time and money with no need to seal for up to three years!
- Pros and dealers save on cull and complaints because boards stay straighter and look better longer.
- Keeps its beauty longer with seasonal temperature changes and weather extremes
- Stands behind the added-value Ecolife provides with a Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Is approved for use in above ground applications six inches or more from the ground in certain residential and agricultural uses
- Is an Home Innovation NGBS Research Labs Green Certified Product for Resource Efficiency
- Is less corrosive to fasteners and compatible with aluminum products, including aluminum flashing
- Is available at Lowe's, 84 Lumber, and at independent lumberyards across the country
In 38 seconds you will see the difference in Ecolife treated lumber compared to ordinary treated lumber.
Wood wafers in this demonstration are cut from the same 2x6 board. Half the board is treated with Ecolife and half the board is treated with preservatives from ordinary treated lumber. The boards were then cut into wafers to show the effects of moisture and the effectiveness of the integrated stabilizer.
Look for Ecolife or EL2 on the end tag.