Ecolife® Stabilized Weather-Resistant Wood
Ecolife Stabilized Weather-Resistant Wood is an environmentally-advanced wood protection system, utilizing a fully integrated wood preservative with built-in stabilizer for maximum weathering protection and enhanced performance. Ecolife is a non-metallic preservative that fights the effects of the sun and weather extremes that repels water, minimizes cracking and keeps boards straighter. Ecolife is approved for use in above ground applications that are six inches or more from the ground in certain residential and agricultural uses.
Build with the economy and beauty of real wood with the industry’s leading non-metallic wood preservative system with a fully integrated wood stabilizer.
Ecolife’s advanced wood stabilizing preservative system makes wood look better for longer. Ecolife provides maximum protection and enhanced performance for outdoor wood framing, decking, and above ground projects six inches or more from the ground.
Check out this video below and see the difference in 38 seconds real time, how Ecolife treated lumber performs versus ordinary treated lumber.
Wood wafers in this demonstration were cut from the same 2x6 board. Half the board is treated with Ecolife and half the board is treated with preservatives without an integrated stabilizer. The boards were then cut into wafers to show the effects of moisture and the effectiveness of the integrated stabilizer.
Popular Outdoor Projects When Used Six Inches or More From the Ground
- No need to seal for up to three years due to built-in water repellency
- Significantly minimizes cracking, checking and splitting by up to 50%
- Keeps boards straighter for long-term beauty
- Less corrosive to fasteners and compatible with aluminum products, including aluminum flashing
- Lifetime Limited Warranty* protects the long-term performance of your project
Ecolife offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty* against damage from fungal decay or termite attack when installed in accordance with applicable building codes for certain residential and agricultural uses. Warranty coverage includes above ground joists, beams and framing members that are critical to the safety and performance of the structure. *See Ecolife Lifetime Limited Warranty for terms and conditions.
Green Certified Product
Ecolife is a non-metallic preservative and is an Home Innovation NGBS Research Labs Green Certified Product for Resource Efficiency. This means Ecolife products are eligible to contribute points toward a building's certification under the National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS).
Ecolife is an American Wood Protection Association standard as a complete wood protection system, combining fungicides and biocides to protect and stabilize wood for above ground use in residential and agricultural applications that are six inches or more off the ground. Ecolife can be used in above ground components in these popular applications:
- decking, deck framing, joists, and beams
- porches, arbors, gazebos, trellis, and walkways
- picnic tables, outdoor furniture, benches and playsets
- outdoor structures
- sill plates and furring strips
Pro-preferred, Ecolife gives added advantages that ordinary treated lumber does not offer. Professional deck builders receive these benefits with Ecolife:
- Minimize lost time and money spent on culling, complaints and callbacks
- Offer quality aesthetics and a high-performing natural, wood option
- Differentiates their products from the competition
- Can offer premium exterior wood products and deck packages for their customers
- Offer homeowners these advantages:
- No water repellent needed for 2-3 years, reducing initial maintenance
- Less surface cracking and checking
- Wood decks are more economical and retain more value than all other decking options
- Can be finished to match any color scheme
- Real wood decks offer natural beauty
- Backed by a lifetime limited warranty
IBC and IRC Building Code Compliant, Ecolife Stabilized Weather-Resistant Wood is AWPA standardized and building-code approved (Use Categories U1, UC3B) for above-ground applicationssuch as decks, wood framing and similar projects, six inches or more from the ground.
The AWPA Standards are the only treated wood standards directly referenced in the IBC and IRC. Look for “AWPA U1” on the end tags of all treated lumber used for exterior projects.
The Prescriptive Residential Deck Construction Guide includes guidance compiled by the American Wood Council (AWC) on provisions of the International Residential Code (IRC) pertaining to single level residential wood deck construction. To ensure that you always have the latest version of the document, click on the highlighted text above to review the most current on the AWC’s website. This document is subject to updates and revisions.