MoldEX® mildewcides are isothiazolinone compounds for the temporary control of mold and mildew in treated wood building products. MoldEX products are environmentally friendly and do not persist in the environment.
- Liquid product
- Highly active microbiocide
- Low environmental toxicity
- Easy to incorporate
- Low dosage required, cost-effective
- Good supply and availability
- Global production capabilities
MoldEX® 45 and MoldEX® 14
MoldEX 45 at a concentration in the range 220 to 250 ppm of active ingredient is recommended for the control of mold in copper-azole, type C (Preserve® CA-C) treating solutions.
MoldEX 14 at a concentration in the range of 35 to 45 ppm of active ingredient is reecommended for thee control of mold in TimberSaver®, D-Blaze® fire retardant treated wood, SupaTimber® CCA and Preserve® CA-C.
Many factors such as humidity, air circulation, depth of penetration, moisture content, mildew and mold can affect the performance of the treatment. Therefore, the protection period can vary. Testing and experience from our technical experts will help you determine the solution for your treatment.
The activity of the active ingredient is not changed by short-term temperature stress during processing at up to 60°C. However, the product stability is affected by alkalinity and oxidizing agents in the treatment solution. For best results, the treatment solution should be sampled regularly and the active level of the MoldEX products monitored and used as required to maintain the desired concentration.
Please refer to the safety data sheet of this product for precise handling instructions.
The processing and use of industrial chemicals require adequate technical and professional knowledge.
In general, avoid eye and skin contact, wear safety goggles, impervious gloves, boots, and protective clothing. In case of eye or skin contact despite precautionary measures, wash immediately and thoroughly with plenty of warm water and obtain medical attention.
The use of a completely closed, piped-in system is the recommended method of addition of MoldEX products.
Handle MoldEX products in a work area equipped with a safety shower/eye wash station.
MoldEX products are corrosive to the skin, eyes and mucous membranes, may be harmful if swallowed or inhaled and in addition, it is a sensitizer. Strict adherence to the handling recommendation in the product SDS are required.
Follow good housekeeping practices as with any chemical. Small spills or drips should be promptly deactivated (see Viance deactivation procedure) and cleaned to avoid inadvertent contact by those entering the work area.
MoldEX mildewcide products should be stored at room temperature in original containers. Protect from frost and heat. (32˚F to 100˚F) Storage at > 120˚F for extended periods of time can result in degradation of the active ingredient. Any supplies which do freeze must be homogeneously mixed after thawing before they can be used without any loss in effectiveness.
Viance takes every measure to ensure that its products are safe for both man and the environment.
In line with this policy, Viance can provide comprehensive toxicological data for MoldEX products, which show they are of low toxicity at recommended use levels.