A look at Preserve® CA (Copper Azole) formulations that Viance supplies wood treaters in the United States and Canada.
Preserve CA - Copper Azole Type C (CA-C) is found readily across the US and Copper Azole Type B (CA-B) in Canada.
For the US, the Preserve CA-C preservative formulation is made of 96.1 % soluble copper (100% recycled) and organic triazole co-biocides; tebuconazole and propiconazole, which help control copper-tolerant fungi. Preserve CA is widely used across the US.
For Canada, the Preserve CA-B formulation is very similar, also made of 96.1% 100% recycled, soluble copper and 3.7% tebuconazole. Preserve CA-C has been registered for use as a treated lumber preservative in Canada since 2002.
Both Preserve CA types B and C, are seen as “greener” preservatives and a more sustainable option than previous wood preservatives. Both are also certified by Home Innovation Research Labs for points toward NGBS Green Certification to the ICC 700 National Green Building Standard.
About Preserve CA
- Preserve CA, a fully-dissolved copper-based wood preservative, penetrates deeper into wood cells for more protection vs. other preservatives in the market.
- Preserve CA innovation, brought a more environmentally friendly preservative to the market.
- Made from 100% recycled copper
- Designed for a wide variety of residential, commercial and agricultural construction projects including above-ground, ground contact, fresh-water immersion, and salt-water splash applications
- Ideal for decks, fences, and docks
- Field-tested, proven-to-last, and accepted as an American Wood Protection Association (AWPA) industry standard
- Building code compliant - IRC, IBC, and National Building Code of Canada (NBCC)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved; and has provided proven protection in Canada in severe environments since 2002.
- Parks Canada approved
- Preserve CA-B meets requirements of National Building Code of Canada (NBCC).
- Backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty against termites and fungal attack